Sunday, October 14, 2012

On the Right Way to Protest

There seems to be a right way to protest injustices and inequities, and a wrong way.

Certainly, a movement to discourage the mistreatment of animals should be encouraged, as the cause is just.  People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is a case in point.  I'm trying to move my family more towards a vegetarian style, and making headway but suspect there's some slacking going on by less committed members, like my husband.

The poultry industry operated under horrific conditions, and a chicken never has a good day.  I won't ever eat chicken!

Still, I'm not sure that carrying a sign and protesting KFC while naked is effective.  It surely draws attention to the message, but it trivializes the message and prompts some of the retarded retrogrades to counterprotest, as seen below.

 
In my opinion, it is far more effective to use boycotting, and to write government agencies to encourage more regulations and restrictions on this shameful industry!  And no good liberal should ever eat fried chicken.  

No comments:

Post a Comment